As students, the largest stakeholder for campus and campus food, we should have a say about what we are fed. The food contract for campus is currently being negotiated and student will not be at the table. From talking with students and students groups your student union has formulated a list of demands:
- More affordable healthy food options
- More freshly prepared healthy food options (i.e. sandwiches, wraps, salads)
- Clear visual display of all nutritional information
- Minimum standards of food quality implemented into the contract and upheld by the food provider
- Minimum food grade level requirements for food provider purchasing
- More local food business operations on campus
- Creating a more diversified and competitive market for student food
- Current 10 year contract saves money but at the expense of students
- A 5 year contract would hold the food provider accountable and give them more incentive to make an impact before contract is re-negotiated
As the representation for students on campus we feel that theses demands are very reasonable. Additional resources can be accessed through the sidebar. Please show your support by signing the petition below.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation1 year ago Comments: YTN9aL Enjoyed every bit of your blog article.Much thanks again. Really Great.
modular homes upstate NY, Russian Federation1 year ago Comments: YhA2mb I appreciate you sharing this post.Really thank you! Want more.
Luvena Seet, Canada2 years ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.