University of Kentucky Employees United
As an employee or student of UK, one of their family members, or as a concerned citizen, I believe that:
* The elimination of some UK retiree health care benefits has resulted in a pay cut for UK employees and/or,
* It is unfair that the UK classifies all of the non-teaching employees as "at will" and/or
* No employees of the UK should ever be terminated or penalized without just cause and/or
* The UK does not have a fair and independent grievance and appeal system and/or
* The UK Board of Trustees make decisions in regard to employees salary increases, benefit awards, and personnel policies without meaningful regard to employee input and/or
* The UK merit system pay plan is a "buddy-based" reward system that does not fairly or properly determine pay increases for university employees and/or
* There is no independent arbitrator or advocate of employee issues and/or
* Outsourcing of employee jobs by UK is unfair to the employees and does not guarantee a monetary savings or improved efficiency.
Therefore, we petition President Lee Todd and the Board of Trustees of the University of Kentucky to all a democratic election to determine if the employees of the university want input into their wages, benefits and working conditions through an independent bargaining process.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
http://www.uky.edu http://www.cwa3372.org http://www.aftky.org
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.