WANT SLOWER TRAFFIC THROUGH BRASTED?
Please sign our PETITION to curb traffic problems in Brasted and along the A25 (from Westerham to Riverhead)
We, the undersigned, ask that the Joint Transportation Board of Sevenoaks District Council:
1. Install a pedestrian crossing between the White Hart pub and the Brasted convenience store and just before or just after Church Road to enable residents (especially those with children) to cross safely to go to Brasted recreation ground, allotments and Pavilion.
2. Install a speed camera outside the White Hart pub in Brasted.
3. Install two interactive signs at either end of the village to remind traffic to slow down to 30 mph before - not after - entering the village.
We also ask the Joint Transportation Board to consider the following problems associated with the A25 running from Chevening, through Sundridge and Brasted to Westerham:
• Traffic speed: Cars, buses, 40 tonne lorries, all thunder through the villages at speeds well over 30mph. For the safety of our residents, we want more speed warning signs, a speed camera outside the White Hart pub in Brasted, and reminders that we are a Conservation Area, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and residential.
• Traffic volume: This is on the increase. It causes damage and congestion to our roads. We would like to prevent cars taking a short-cut on the A25 to avoid the M25 or A21. A lot of traffic on the A25 should not be there. We want heavy vehicles re-routed and /or prevented from coming onto the A25 from the M25 and A21.
• Air pollution: Levels of nitrogen dioxide are in excess of national air quality objectives. Vehicle exhaust fumes are the primary contributors to this problem.
• Noise pollution: The constant traffic noise causes stress to numerous Brasted residents. We want weight restrictions and an investigation to see if new rubber roads currently being installed in England which reduce noise by 25% could be installed here in Brasted.
• Damage to property: Many buildings, including listed buildings and walls, are subjected to structural damage caused by the volume of large vehicles shaking the foundations. Traffic that damages listed buildings should be re-routed or not allowed to leave the M25/A21.
• Danger to residents: There have been some near misses and several car crashes. It is near impossible at times to cross the road from pub to village shop in Brasted and impossible to cross the road safely to take children to the village recreation ground. We want two new zebra crossings at either end of the village to enable our young or old to cross the road safely.
A copy of this petition isavailableto
Download at the Brasted Parish Council website.
Brasted Parish Council
Westerham Kent TN16 1PY
Brasted Parish Council website
A25 Action Group