The Tennis Nova Scotia Facilities Committee firmly believes that Halifax needs a community tennis centre that has the following characteristics:
- 8-10 courts that can be covered for year-round play (critical mass necessary for programming, community use, events)
- A central location that is in close proximity to residential areas, schools, public transportation, etc.
- Affordable user fees to make it accessible to the community.
- To develop a year round not-for-profit tennis facility that will become the focal point for community tennis programming and junior development in HRM and Nova Scotia.
- To make tennis accessible to residents of HRM.
- To provide affordable tennis programs for all ages.
We are in the process of working with HRM staff to finalize our proposal that will be presented to HRM City Council and the Provincial and Federal governments . Please sign our petition so that we can demonstrate that this facility is something HRM wants, needs, and will support!
For more information on the project, please go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tennis-Nova-Scotia/109415259125199?v=app_4949752878 or click on the email link on this page.
Tennis Nova Scotia Facilities Committee