From: Registered HandyDART Users & advocates for people with disability and seniors
To: TransLink Board of Directors Cc: Commissioner for Translink; Minister of Transportation; Minister of Community, Sport, and Cultural Development
In accordance with the 2004 report of the Coalition of HandyDART Users, and the changes to the structure of HandyDART since 2008, we, the Registerd Users of the HandyDART service, the users of TaxiSavers program, and advocates for poeple with disability, reiterate the need for the following changes:
1. For HandyDART to become a “wholly owned and operated direct subsidiary of TransLink”
2. Cancellation of the contract between TransLink and MVT Canadian Bus and MV Transportation, as per Section 11.2.5 (and other relevant sections) of Custom Transit Operating Agreement between Translink and MVT Canadian Bus Inc. and MV Transportation Inc.
3. The mandate of HandyDART operation (Service Provider) to be given to Access Transit, as a direct subsidiary of TransLink. Or, the mandate of the providing the service be given to non-profit organizations that are capable of carrying out the service.
4. Dismissing of the least necessary technology, and minimizing the cost of maintenance and adminstration of the remaining technology.
5. Reducing the cost of administration of the service.
6. Increasing the service hours of HandyDART using the cost reduction from the above changes.
7. Reinstating the TaxiSaver Program as a supplement to the HandyDART service.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.