Ask SDEA President Bill Freeman and the SDEA Board to take the
Five-Point Pledge for SDEA
We, the SDEA Board, pledge the following:
1. We will not open our SDEA union contract. This includes any “side deal” that would change our contractual pay or benefits.
2. We will immediately adopt and demand that the District implement the Breakfast Club Action Group’s “Three-Step Plan to No Layoffs, No Concessions”, or launch an equally viable organizing plan to win back every single one of the 1,534 laid off educators without concessions, as we have before.
3. We will hit the ground running with a democratic and aggressive bargaining campaign to secure a strong contract when this one expires at the end of next year.
4. We will halt all efforts to discourage debate within our democratic union, including changing the SDEA Bylaws to sanction members of “subversive” groups.
5. We will bring back SDEA Executive Director Craig Leedham to support our membership in achieving these goals, as he has successfully done over the past five years.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.