Sign Petition

Syracuse media needs fairness and balance

122 Signatures Goal: 250

From Austin Ted Paulnack Syracuse WSYR Radio (Clear Channel 472-9797, 685-8672) and WFBL Radio (421-9325, 635-3971) feature about a dozen rightwing pundits (including O\'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Ingraham, Coulter, Liddy, Beck, Colley) but only one progressive, (Ed Schultz, who WSYR added Aug. \'05), as a result of this PETITION AND YOUR CALLS TO LOCAL SPONSORS. But in fifty cities, Clear Channel airs Air America pundits like Al Franken, Molly Ivins, Arianna Huffington, Jim Hightower and Thom Hartmann. We are lobbying local sponsors on Syracuse WSYR Radio (like Centro/CNYRTA, 442-3333; OCRRA, 453-2866; Attys. Alexander & Catalano, 800-529-1333; and Dunk & Bright Furniture, 800-724-4173) and also WFBL Radio, 421-9325, 635-3971, to be honest with their potential customers and also sponsor Air America or at least more progressves. In the Syracuse/CNY market, a study by ABC-TV shows that only 28% identify themselves as Republicans but 35% as independents and 32% as Democrats, totaling 67%--and that\'s a HUGE audience. (This is comparable to Onondaga County voter registration party selection.) In the national election Nov. 2, NY Times cites exit polls showing: combined 63% of votes cast were from Democrats (37%) and independents (26%); but only 37% of the votes were from self-identified Republicans. Syracuse advertisers of rightwing pundits on WSYR Radio and WFBL radio should be told that most (67%) of their potential customers are Democrats and independents who might tune-out the rightwing pundits, and their local advertsing.

Sponsor

This Petition and Phone-the-Syracuse-WSYR-WFBL-Sponsors campaign is organized by Austin Ted Paulnack, coordinator, The Accountability Project and active in SyracuseMoveOnOrg. Meetings are held regularly at Augies Pizza Restaurant, 113 Marshall St, and the Marshall Sq. Mall Food Court, Syracuse, Contact syracusemoveon at yahoo

Links

For info and corrections to rightwing Syracuse talkers\' mistakes, out-of-contect remarks, deliberatre misquotes, see http://mediamatters.org/ http://www.freepress.net/ http://www.sinclairaction.com

Comment

120

Signatures

  • 7 years ago
    Lonnie Chu United States
    7 years ago
  • 7 years ago
    marty nave United States
    7 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    Sandra Nistico United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    ben fischer United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    Arthur Lum United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    ben fischer United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    Ruth Grunberg United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    Bob Herman United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    bruce holland United States
    8 years ago
  • 8 years ago
    Colleen Combs United States
    8 years ago
  • 9 years ago
    Annette Bailey United States
    9 years ago
  • 9 years ago
    Chris Cassenti United States
    9 years ago
  • 9 years ago
    Christine Cassenti United States
    9 years ago
  • 9 years ago
    Christne Cassenti United States
    9 years ago
  • 9 years ago
    Christne Cassenti United States
    9 years ago
See More