As residents of Redwood City, and friends and neighbors to the Farm Hill community, we the undersigned urge and request the City Council to approve and proceed with the Farm Hill Boulevard Redesign Project.
Safety is our concern and our main motivation.
The proposed redesign aims to improve our concerns to increase safety for our residents and community including:
* Reducing excessive speeding
* Enhancing safety of Roy Cloud walking school buses
* Reducing difficulty of residents exiting drives and side streets
* Eliminating parked cars from being sideswiped and read-ended
* Providing for a safe bike lane
A careful study has been undertaken and the options weighed along with community input resulting in the current proposed plan. The proposed design has also been successfully implemented on other city streets like Alameda de las Pulgas and Middlefield Road which serve as a testament to improved safety in our city streets.
We believe this proposal will improve neighborhood safety while maintaining the traffic volume as a principal corridor to/from 280 and downtown.
And we the residents and friends of the Farm Hill community urge you, the Redwood City, City Council to approve this project and make our community safe!
- Farm Hill Redesign Supporters
Residents, neighbors and friends of Farm Hill Boulevard.