We reject the Federal Government's intrusion into our education system
and want control over what is taught in our classroom returned to our
state and local school boards.
• Common Core removes control of our state k-12 education standards from Illinois and puts it in the hands of private trade organizations who wrote and copyrighted the standards and who are not accountable to the public which pays for their implementation.
• It allows the federal government to dictate the terms of our teacher evaluations.
• It makes it practically impossible for local school districts to control their costs because independent consortia develop assessment tools which our districts must use. These on-line assessments are not only many times more expensive than our existing tests, they are a technical impossibility for many schools in our state who do not have broadband access to the internet.
• Common Core Standards are not internationally benchmarked as marketed, nor have they been tested and found to be superior to existing state standards. They have never been tried before. Their implementation in 45 states amounts to a massive pilot program that uses our children as test subjects.
• Common Core assessments ramp up the collection of personally identifiable data on our children. Through various agreements this data will be sent directly to the US Department of Education who has changed the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) to allow this data to be shared with other government agencies and third parties without our knowledge or consent.
• The architect of the Common Core Standards has vowed to align the SAT tests to these standards thereby pressuring homeschoolers and private schools to teach to these standards as well. Millions of children will be lost inside a one size fits all system designed to create equal mediocrity among the new “global citizens.”
Parents love and value their children as individuals, governments look at them as gross national products. How can a government choose what is best for my child in my family? The federal government was already made a mess of things, grabbing greater and greater power for themselves while ignoring The Constitution by which all citizens enjoy personal freedom. It is time for all Americans to stand up and say,"No" to those who believe they are superior or more knowledgeable than the individual parent or American citizen simply because of their finances or world views. We want children that are kind, generous to those in need, and wise(wisdom is knowing what to do with the truth/facts learned. A real education is not gained in ignoring truth and facts because they do not fit our world view. Education is not to see how many people we can get to agree with the world view we personally like, or to validate some politcal view point we think is right or lifestyle we choose, but to give our child the Truth by which to build their lives.The government that steals and consumes the rights of parents and its citizens by whom its very existince is supported kills itself.
We stand to loose a large number of our best teachers implementing common core. I have a sister that teaches and she wants nothing to do with this very leftist method of teaching. America needs to be wary of this broad method of making clones of our children and not teaching American history and civics.
We need to save our children's education in Illinois
DEBRA RAMOS9 hours ago
Kara Sullivan2 days ago
Tammy Quanstrom1 week ago
There are no highlights yet.