We reject the Federal Government's intrusion into our education system
and want control over what is taught in our classroom returned to our
state and local school boards.
• Common Core removes control of our state k-12 education standards from Illinois and puts it in the hands of private trade organizations who wrote and copyrighted the standards and who are not accountable to the public which pays for their implementation.
• It allows the federal government to dictate the terms of our teacher evaluations.
• It makes it practically impossible for local school districts to control their costs because independent consortia develop assessment tools which our districts must use. These on-line assessments are not only many times more expensive than our existing tests, they are a technical impossibility for many schools in our state who do not have broadband access to the internet.
• Common Core Standards are not internationally benchmarked as marketed, nor have they been tested and found to be superior to existing state standards. They have never been tried before. Their implementation in 45 states amounts to a massive pilot program that uses our children as test subjects.
• Common Core assessments ramp up the collection of personally identifiable data on our children. Through various agreements this data will be sent directly to the US Department of Education who has changed the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) to allow this data to be shared with other government agencies and third parties without our knowledge or consent.
• The architect of the Common Core Standards has vowed to align the SAT tests to these standards thereby pressuring homeschoolers and private schools to teach to these standards as well. Millions of children will be lost inside a one size fits all system designed to create equal mediocrity among the new “global citizens.”
Please teach our kids and not frustrate them.
i am in 6th grade. common core has taught me nothing exept for the fact that children are easily brainwashed.
Need to stop common core in its tracks. This is total garbage and our children should not be subjected to its philosophy.
Erika Widegren2 days ago Comments: -
Tu Anh Nguyen5 days ago Comments: Take away Common Core!! It just make the kids more confusing, can't think outside the box and lack of intelligence
David Otey3 weeks ago Comments: I am a teacher of 20 years plus experience, still teaching in a grade school in Illinois. I have seen mostly frustration among my peers and among parents regarding the Common Core. It pushes us all backwards instead of forwards. Teacher creativity has taken a big hit, school districts are being forced to spend even more money they do not have to fill the pockets of curriculum development companies who salivate at this opportunity created by the Common Core teams, and the States who agreed to this system cannot finance the difference either. Get rid of the Common Core alternative. Governors and State lawmakers--Stop giving up and restricting the freedoms of your state and your districts by allowing this system to leach money and time so precious to the future welfare of your youth.
There are no highlights yet.