We reject the Federal Government's intrusion into our education system
and want control over what is taught in our classroom returned to our
state and local school boards.
• Common Core removes control of our state k-12 education standards from Illinois and puts it in the hands of private trade organizations who wrote and copyrighted the standards and who are not accountable to the public which pays for their implementation.
• It allows the federal government to dictate the terms of our teacher evaluations.
• It makes it practically impossible for local school districts to control their costs because independent consortia develop assessment tools which our districts must use. These on-line assessments are not only many times more expensive than our existing tests, they are a technical impossibility for many schools in our state who do not have broadband access to the internet.
• Common Core Standards are not internationally benchmarked as marketed, nor have they been tested and found to be superior to existing state standards. They have never been tried before. Their implementation in 45 states amounts to a massive pilot program that uses our children as test subjects.
• Common Core assessments ramp up the collection of personally identifiable data on our children. Through various agreements this data will be sent directly to the US Department of Education who has changed the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) to allow this data to be shared with other government agencies and third parties without our knowledge or consent.
• The architect of the Common Core Standards has vowed to align the SAT tests to these standards thereby pressuring homeschoolers and private schools to teach to these standards as well. Millions of children will be lost inside a one size fits all system designed to create equal mediocrity among the new “global citizens.”
Please teach our kids and not frustrate them.
i am in 6th grade. common core has taught me nothing exept for the fact that children are easily brainwashed.
Need to stop common core in its tracks. This is total garbage and our children should not be subjected to its philosophy.
Michele McEversjust now Comments: Why do you feel the need to change something that works? Common Core is the most ridiculous tool in the math world I have ever seen. The Government is dumbing our children down in stead of helping them to grow and become smarter. Common Core is confusing our children and their teachers.
Kara1 hour ago Comments: Private schooling looks better and better each day. The time that is taken away from my family each evening doing homework is ridiculous! Also each child learns at a different pace and requires different techniques. Treating each child the same isn't helping anyone. Also its frustrating that not enough time is spent to ensure the child(ren) understands the subject before moving on to the next. Very frustrated!
Heather Hanna3 hours ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.