The purpose of this petition is to demonstrate our support of the Steele Canyon Cheer Coaching Staff. The Steele Canyon Cheer program has grown tremendously in the last few years due to the experience and excellence of the Steele Canyon Cheer Coaching Staff. We understand there have been significant issues between the coaches and advisor and they are unable to continue to work together. Additionally, we have had a number of issues with Ms. Acosta and have listed our issues below. Due to our own issues and the fact that it is easier to replace a cheer advisor than to locate a talented coaching staff, we would like to endorse our Steele Canyon Coaching Staff and request that Ms. Acosta steps down as the Cheer Advisor, effective immediately.
1. Some costs were not included in the estimates provided to parents at the beginning of the season (coaches\' fees) and we were not provided adequate lead time (notified approximately 10 days prior to due date for half of the fee and 20 days for the second half of the fee, not much time for an unexpected expense).
A parent asked about this at the initial parent meeting and Ms. Acosta told everyone that coaching fees would be paid thru school now that we went charter.
2. Mandatory fundraisers that haven\'t benefited our team yet to the best of our knowledge,
one of them being the COW PLOP, in which, the cheer teams made $2040 alone.
3. Confusion with competition dates and not attending the meeting for correct info or following up after the meeting.
4. Lack of availability to collect cheer fees at the beginning or end of practice.
5. On-line cheer payment system reflects wrong amounts.
6. Uniforms were not fitted appropriately, therefore, most uniforms required alterations at the parent\'s expense (average $30.00 a girl).
Uniforms were fitted correctly by Varsity rep, however, when all of the fittings were done, it is assumed that Ms. Acosta made the decision to add on both length and width.
7. Integrity issues (this can be discussed in person with Steele Canyon Administration)
8. Over steps boundaries: pulls kids out of class at her convenience.
9. Has not shown parents copy of accounting.
10. Accounting concerns: using team funds to pay for some cheerleaders and not others because she has not collected funds correctly, holding checks because she doesn
Concerned Steele Canyon Cheer Parents.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.