DO YOU CARE ABOUT CHILDREN
If so, sign this petition!
Did you know
- In 2001, approximately 903,000 children were found to be victims of child maltreatment. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Maltreatment 2001.)
- Infants are at greatest risk for dying from homicide during the first week of infancy, with the risk being highest on the first day of life. Children younger than one year account for 44% of child maltreatment fatalities. (Administration on Children, Youth, and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Maltreatment 2000. )
- Child abuse costs the United States approximately $94 billion every year. (Prevent Child Abuse America. (2001). Total Estimated Cost of Child Abuse and Neglect in the United States: Statistical Evidence.)
- If Adverse Childhood Experiences were eradicated, it is estimated that we would eliminate approximately 54% of clinical depression in women. (V. Felitti, R. Anda, et. al., Relationship of Childhood Abuse and Household Dysfunction to Many of the Leading Causes of Death in Adults: The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine)
- One year of child abuse and neglect produces 35,000 future violent criminals and 250 murderers. (Fight Crime: Invest in Kids News Release, May 5th, 2003.)
We need 25,000 people to be a
The National Call To Action is a collaborative effort of over 25 national organizations, committed to eliminating child abuse and neglect by the year 2020. This unprecedented initiative seeks to reduce the fragmentation of the child abuse and neglect field, raise awareness by empowering Authentic Voices and the communities in which they live, and identify and disseminate best practices in the areas of prevention, intervention, and healing.
Join our efforts and find out more at:
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
Sponsoring Organization - http://www.nationalcalltoaction.org Official Petition Website - http://www.signaturesforchildren.org
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.