In light of all this, why does Health Canada insist on telling concerned Elected Officials and their Constituents that regulations which are rapidly undermining this industry and our Charter Rights are based upon "the safety of Canadians"?
As a result of Health Canada's misguided Natural Health Product Regulations (NHPRs), our Freedom of Choice in health care has been eroded, and our Constitution and Charter of Rights and Freedoms infringed upon.
We, the undersigned, wish to make it public record that our votes will be with those Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Representatives who choose to protect the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Canadian Constitution, and our Freedom of Choice in personal health care with the following measures:
1. STOP HEALTH CANADA's NHPRs from threatening the physical and financial well being of Canadians.
2. SUSPEND AND REPEALthe NHPRs immediately.
3. LAUNCH AN INQUIRY into Health Canada's NHP licensing scheme, and to discover why Stephen Harper's promise to apply food-like regulations to NHPs never materialized.
4. ALLOCATE FUNDING to ensure that the laws already in place for these products are upheld (Food and Drugs Act, Competition Act, Canadian Advertising Standards, Criminal Code, and Good Manufacturing Practices).
5. APPOINT AN OMBUDSMAN to protect our Rights by ensuring that Health Canada's regulatory activities respect the Rule of Law and are not influenced by any other industries.
Gov. is taking away our rights to choose. They ruin everything they touch or have anything to do with that would do us any good without the Pharmaceutical companies being in on it. If they can,t patient it they want anything to do with it!
I'm from Gibbons alberta not st. albert.
leigh biggar, Canada1 year ago Comments: Enough!!!
Mokey Mackinnon, Canada1 year ago Comments: Gov. is taking away our rights to choose. They ruin everything they touch or have anything to do with that would do us any good without the Pharmaceutical companies being in on it. If they can,t patient it they want anything to do with it!
NANCY SUMMERS, Canada1 year ago Comments: I'm from Gibbons alberta not st. albert.
There are no highlights yet.