A number of cars in the Wilson Building parking garage were broken into on Wednesday, October 20, 2010. Affected tenants reported that items such as car stereos and registration documentation were stolen from secured cars in their registered and leased parking spots.
Wilson Building Management has taken no action to secure the building, despite tenant reports of numerous non-resident trespassing incidents.
By signing this petition, Wilson Residents are urging management to put a strategic plan in place to increase the security immediately in the building, taking the following steps:
* Reset all pedestrian entrance key fobs and garage fobs to a new code immediately, in case any were stolen, to avoid effortless re-entry of the thief
* Implement a rear-view mirror ID tag for each parking space, so that tenants and security alike can easily and immediately identify non-residents who have entered “secured” areas
* Enforce tow policies immediately, instead of hours after tenants report the trespasser
* Post daily security check-in logs at all entrances, where security guards have to post the time stamp for when they make their rounds and tenants can see when the last round arrived at any given checkpoint
* Install security cameras in all parking areas that actually observe the cars, and post notices that the area is under surveillance, to deter future intrusions
* Conduct monthly community action meetings with Wilson residents, so we can raise concerns about security and maintenance as a group, keep record of our requests, and track progress
Please sign the petition today, to take a stand for the safety of Wilson Residents and their personal property.