The petition is now CLOSED
The MOL is creating a Sub-Section 21 Committee for Paramedics
All other questions will be addressed through your respective union divisions (CUPE, CACO, OPSEU, SEIU, CAW) and/or PEMS HSAC -
Thank you for your support.
Rory O\'Neill and Micheael Speers
PEMS HSAC, the Provincial EMS Health and Safety Advisory Committee, is a non-partisan voluntary committee formed from labour co-chairs of Paramedic Joint Health and Safety Committees across Ontario.
It is reportedly the first of its kind in North America.
PEMS HSAC has participating members from
OPSEU, SEIU, CUPE and the CAW.
The purpose of PEMS HSAC is discuss, resolve and share EMS Health and Safety information thereby
1) best workplace practices, and
2) ensuring the highest caliber equipment for Paramedic use.
This will result in:
- reduced EMS injuries
- increased career longevity
- improved patient care through experience retention
- substantial cost savings to paramedic employers, WSIB, insurance firms, taxpayers and the province of Ontario.
Links Pertaining to Committee Formation: