Save The Innocents wants to work at the root cause of child labor, child slavery, child abuse and child exploitation, poverty and education.
According to ILO, \"8.4 million children are trapped in slavery, trafficking, debt bondage, prostitution, pornography and other illicit activities; also every year 22,000 children die in work related accidents\". An estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people around the world are trafficked into forced labor and forced prostitution each year.
According to a UN Press Release, June 14th, 2004, \" 10 million children exploited for domestic labor\". Country surveys indicate about 700,000 children are domestic workers in Indonesia alone, while Brazil 559,000, Pakistan 264,000, Haiti 250,000, Kenya 200,000 and Srilanka 100,000, in which 70 percent are women and 50 percent are CHILDREN!
It is a Wake up call for all of us.
I call our governments to:
1. Please take urgent action against human trafficking, especially young children between the age of 2 to14 years who are being used as camel jockeys in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, and other parts of the Persian Gulf, Middle East, and Arab regions. According to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Children, children should be protected from all forms of physical or mental violence, injury or abuse. They should be protected from economic exploitation and from performing any work that is likely to interfere with their education or be harmful to their physical or mental health and spiritual, moral and social development.
2. Ban under-age and under-weight camel jockeys. The practice should be eliminated in all of the countries listed.
3. Prohibit unhygienic living conditions and purposely providing inadequate nutrition to the jockeys.
4. Prohibit physical and sexual abuse by the trainers.
5. Urge the government to set and implement standards to improve living condition for the jockeys.
6. Governments should place child labor issues on the agenda of every bilateral meeting. Each country needs to be forced to defend its human right records. Non-compliant countries should be obliged to answer to the international community.
7. Ask your legislators to enforced laws for product labeling around the world that ensures that no child labor or child slavery occurs in the production or distribution of their products.
8. Insist that the United States keep its promised to give 0.7 per cent of its gross national product (GNP) as development aid to poorest countries to reduce the wealth gap between rich and poor countries.
9. Employers, governments and international institutions to provide decent jobs for adults and respect the right of workers, and no childen hired by employer.
You can make a difference to sigh the petition.
E.mail it to your friends.
This petition is sponsored by \"ipetiton,\" You can contact us directly by emailing us at www.savetheinnocents.com
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
Please visit www.savetheinnocents.com. Those children are our future, we need to save them.Help us to stop Child Labor, Child Slavery and Human trafficking
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.