Sign this petition to inform North Attleboro's elected officials that you want them to find a solution to:
1. keep Allen Avenue School open!
2. keep class sizes low at all elementary schools!
3. avoid redistricting all children!
This affects ALL residents of North Attleboro, MA!
Closure of Allen Avenue School will:
- Affect ALL schools – not just displaced Allen Avenue students and teachers. Students and families at Amvet Boulevard School, Community School, Falls School, Martin School, and Roosevelt Avenue School will also ALL be affected.
- Increase class sizes, causing a detrimental effect on ALL North Attleboro elementary students. The average class size will increase to “26 students (up from an average of less than 20)”.
- Decrease MCAS scores over time. Elementary students will have less individual attention from teachers – some students will falter and less will excel.
- Necessitate redistricting, resulting in the movement of children from their current school to a new school.
- Result in the displaced tenured teachers displacing other less senior teachers in many schools.
Get more information at http://saveallenavenue.com