The Old Fourth Ward Water Tower is over 100 years old and was constructed in 1906 as a water supply for the railroad warehouse now known as Studioplex. It is one of the O4W's most historical icons and has been used as a neighborhood park and open green space for many years. Currently there are no other parks in the O4W neighborhood known as Fourth Ward Neighbors. Sadly though, the owners have decided to take away this last remaining green space by trying to have the area rezoned for a large development of commercial buildings and townhomes.
Therefore we demand our Councilmember Kwanza Hall, the entire Atlanta City Council and Mayor Kasim Reed declare this area a permanent green space and historical park for the enjoyment of all Old Fourth Ward generations to come.