In December 2012, Croudace Homes submitted a planning application to
build 425 homes to the west of Sherfield Park, on Razor’s Farm. This development will offer local residents:
· LOTS of extra traffic through Sherfield Park and Chineham
· NO new educational facilities
· NO new medical facilities
Sherfield Park already has problems with narrow roads that were never designed for significant parking and through traffic, particularly during rush hours.
The imminent opening of the access to Sherfield Park from Cufaude will increase through traffic from the Chineham Business Park to the A33. Development on Razor’s Farm will compound this problem, on a route that Croudace have already described as “tortuous”.
The development of Razor’s Farm may also trigger the consequential development of the proposed Chineham railway station and car park on woodland sites along both sides of Cufaude Lane. This woodland forms an important ‘green barrier’ and its destruction will represent a further blurring of historic local boundaries and the permanent loss of land with natural amenity value and wildlife. Razor’s Farm would be a less obtrusive location for the station, being more appropriately linked to the commercial uses on the Chineham business park.
SARF believe that the proposed development of Razor’s Farm must be opposed by the residents of Sherfield Park and North Chineham because:
1. It will create an unacceptable and potentially dangerous increase in traffic through Sherfield Park (and to a lesser extent through north Chineham)
2. It contains no provision for the development of much needed medical or educational facilities
3. The site is more appropriate for the future development of the Chineham railway station and would avoid the consequential loss of woodland on Cufaude Lane.
YOU MUST ACT NOW TO STOP THIS DEVELOPMENT
Sherfield on Loddon Parish Council, Chineham Parish Council and Bramley Parish Council all oppose the development of Razor’s Farm, but they need our help to show public support for their views.
You can support the work of SARF and make a difference to our campaign by doing the following;
· Sign this on-line petition
· Follow our progress via the Facebook group page http://www.facebook.com/groups/StandAgainstRF
· Attend local meetings.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.