The Students Against the College Halls Initiative is a group that hopes to gain support in an effort to show the administration that the College Halls Initiative is unfair to existing students.
We believe that the initiative is unfair in the following ways:
1. It prevents the existence of a truly economic market for housing.
2. Students in the Class of 2009 will never live off campus. We were not made aware of this when we enrolled.
3. If there is to be a mandatory meal plan, significant changes must me made in meal plan options and quality.
4. Existing students are seriously overcharged for less than adequate housing in order to fund the College Halls initiative.
5. Students will not have the chance to live independently. This includes finding a house/apartment, paying bills, buying food, etc...
This petition is meant to document all those who feel College Halls is being put into effect without consideration of students who never intended to live on campus for four years. It is in no way meant to stop College Halls or alter Vaderbilt's ultimate residential college goal; we simply want things to be fair during this transitional period.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.