We, the undersigned Roanoke County taxpayers, continue to oppose the construction of a Multi Generational Recreation Center at Valley Point.
The reasons why we oppose the rec center:
1. The project is too narrow and cannot be used to host tournaments. For example, the pool design is intentionally designed for only recreation. We must use private facilities to host swim meets.
2. The center will NOT create tax revenues
3. The money would be better spent improving our schools
4. The estimated $32 million is probably incorrect, the center will cost much more.
5. The facility competes with local businesses who create jobs and pay taxes.
6. No business case was created that indicates the number of visitors per month are needed to support the facility.
Roanoke County citizens looking for responsible spending.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.