WHEREAS OPTIMAL RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IS:
- Essential for students, employees, employers, seniors and families; and
- Especially important for the economies and residents of smaller communities, and
- Affordable, convenient and environmentally friendly.
THEREFORE WE PETITION THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA AND VIA RAIL CANADA:
- To reverse recent funding and service cuts, and
- To strive for optimal rail passenger service across Canada rather than diminish it.
No comments yet.join the discussion
Bonnie M, Canada1 year ago Comments: -
R Swift, Canada2 years ago Comments: Sarnia needs and deserves at least two trains a day to and from Toronto ad place in between as it is an essential service for many in our community.
Anne Learn, Canada2 years ago Comments: A meeting was held at City Hall here in Sarnia, Ont. in the year 2000. I and many others spoke out about the need to improve the Via service . My concern was the transportation for University students. My daughter was going to be attending Guelph University. It was the best option for travelling. Via came through and provided the service! They even provided a discount ticket rate for the students. It was safe, less time consuming and more economical than driving round trip. I feel sorry for the parents that have to find other ways and means of transportation. The highways are not a viable option during the winter months. Providing a son or daughter with a car is not an option with the tuition fees etc. I propose that Via return the service to our area and provide better fares to encourage the use of the train. Thank you.
There are no highlights yet.