The East Broadway station complex is in desperate need of a renovation. This station is the primary source of public transportation for a large section of the Lower East Side and Chinatown. Join SPaCE (Seward Park and Canal East Block Association) and demand that this neglected station be immediately surveyed and prioritized for renovation to address its many on-going problems, including:
- crumbling infrastructure (ceiling, platform edges)
- poor ventilation
- garbage strewn tracks
- excessive rat population
- difficulty navigating various levels and staircases
- numerous leaks and poor drainage
- poor lighting
- damaged tiles
- inaudible public address system
- peeling paint
- general shabby and unpleasant appearance
- lack of an elevator to provide access to the disabled
residents of the Lower East Side and Chinatown deserve an upgraded and
modernized subway station just like scores of stations around New York
City that have been renovated over the last 20 years. The East Broadway
station has been neglected for far too long and with the Essex Crossing
development bringing new residential and commercial traffic to the area
in the coming years, the time is right to improve the East Broadway
subway station and bring it in to the 21stCentury.
This station has been like this for decades! Doesn't our tax dollars count as much as those others who have seen their stations renovated?
This station is a vital neighborhood resource and is woefully inadequate for the neighborhood's needs. It needs to be upgraded as soon as possible and should be at parity with the other F line stations that were already renovated.
The station needs rennovating and increased security.
johnny ng7 months ago Comments: fix it!
kai cai8 months ago Comments: -
Priscilla Wu8 months ago Comments: -
- Read about our petition in the Lo-Down today. http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/2014/02/petition-rehabilitate-the-east-broadway-subway-station-now.html
- We are now live!