RELEASE OF IBRAHIM Al SHAIKH and OTHERS FROM POLITICAL DETENTION IN SUDAN (Release 1 ~ 11 July 2014)
We, the undersigned being committed to the advancement, promotion and protection of fundamental human rights, and concerned by the recent developments in Sudan, in as far as the arrest and detention of Mr. Ibrahim al Shaikh, Leader of the Sudanese Congress Party (SCP), and others do hereby:
1. The recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human race is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world and in Sudan in particular;
2. That the equal and fair treatment of all Sudanese nationals, in the whole of the Sudan, more especially in the areas of conflict, is a right for all;
3. Our faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women;
WE DECLARE THAT:
1. The criminalization of discussions pertaining to the militia background and constitutionally questionable formation of the Rapid Support Forces (RSFs) constitutes an astonishing and deeply shocking violation of fundamental international human rights law.
2. We stand by the contention that what Ibrahim al Shaikh has said with regard to the militia background and constitutionally questionable formation of the RSFs and all accusations of human rights violations and crimes against humanity allegedly committed by them either in Darfur or South and North Kordofan, or any other part of Sudan, for that matter, should not be incriminated by any law.
3. The issues that Ibrahim al Shaikh addressed himself to, are directly related to the safety of civilians and the public, and as such, a red line should not be drawn against publicly discussing such issues.
4. In light of the fact that there is no democracy under dictatorship, we categorically and unequivocally assert that the nullification of all anti-democratic laws and acts is a precondition to any democratic transformation.
WE, THUS PETITION:
African Commission on Human and People's Rights
African Union Commission
African Union High-Level Implementation Panel
African Union Peace and Security Council
African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur
Pan African Parliament
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development
United Nations General Assembly
UN Office of the Special Adviser on Africa
United Nations Office to the African Union
Exert diplomatic pressure, including, where deemed necessary, the use of international isolation on the Sudanese government to ensure that the Sudanese government, in the interests of the Sudanese people and the advancement, promotion and protection of fundamental international human rights, does the following:
Freedom forIbrahimal Shaikhand all detainees!
Long Live the Sudan!
Freedom, Peace, and Justice!
List of Detainees(not complete)
Presented byPan-AfricanInternational Advocacy Group
- July 12
- We are now live! show more
2 months agoali osman Saudi Arabia2 months ago
5 months agoMohammed Abdulkareem United Arab Emirates5 months ago
9 months agosam yousif Sudan9 months ago
10 months agoMOHD. K. AHMED Saudi Arabia10 months ago
2 years agoداوود سليمان Saudi Arabia2 years ago
2 years agoDawelbait Bilaila2 years ago
2 years agomansoor ahmed2 years ago
2 years agoHoodi2 years ago
2 years agoMukhtar Abugessea2 years ago
2 years agoShabi Hamad2 years ago
2 years agomohamed gafar almansourah2 years ago
2 years agoAshraf2 years ago
2 years agoFaisal Al madani2 years ago
2 years agoعزالدين صغيرون2 years ago
2 years agoMichael Tahir2 years ago