Petition for Sentence Reduction

My boyfriend of 6 years and father of my kids is doing a 7 year sentence on charges of Aggravated Sexual Abuse for having sex with a girl that was only 4 months under the age of consent. The reason it is aggravated is only because he was more than 5 years older than her. Other people in the same county, with similar charges, have gotten probation or up to 3-5 years. We all know what he did was wrong and I am not trying to argue that here. I am not asking that he not be punished either. What I am asking is that the punishment fit the crime. How is taking all these years away from him, me, our friends and especially our kids justice The sex was consensual, the only problem being the girl was 4 months away from her birthday to make her legal. I am asking that his sentence and charges be reduced to something more just!




No comments yet.

join the discussion

Recent signatures

  • username

    Reletter Orr, United States

    7 years ago
  • username

    drew elliott, United States

    7 years ago Comments: the system is very unforgiving and i wish the two of you the best of luck prisoner#1018660
  • username

    deanna, United States

    7 years ago
See more

Petition highlights

There are no highlights yet.