April 22, 2012
We, the undersigned, seek the support and assistance of our elected officials and decision makers to help expand composting in our communities. Composting helps in the following ways:
1. It reduces our use of fossil fuels. Unfortunately we are
using these fuels to process and haul organic waste from
the household to the landfill.
2. It helps reduce the unnecessary use of fertilizers. The
decomposition of plant and kitchen waste can help support
and maintain healthy plant life on our own properties. This
in turn can help assist our animal life.
3. It reduces the use of valuable landfill space. Any tax
savings could be reallocated to other urgent needs.
1. Elected officials and decision makers to provide support
for composting by personally experiencing the benefits of
composting in their own backyards.
2. Expanded study of the benefits of composting in all K-12
3. Public service announcements through all media outlets
raising public awareness of the the benefits of composting
to our environment.
Elected officials and decision makers require signatures and contact information to be verified. Please do not use the Facebook option to sign this petition. We will contact you in a followup email to reconfirm your support for the environment and this petition.
Please be a friend to the environment and help sponsor this petition! We ask for you to copy and paste the address of this petition into your messages to friends, relatives and coworkers....in emails, text messages, Facebook and Twitter!
* The U.S. Composting Council
* Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania
* The Science Department of Msgr. Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast Catholic High School, Drexel Hill, PA
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.