We need a safe, 8-foot bike lane on either side of Redmond Fall City Road between (oddly enough) Redmond, WA and Fall City, WA. It is both a commuter and recreational road that is badly underutilized and very dangerous for both bicyclists and automobile drivers.
It is the only flat, relatively direct route available between the two cities and currently has - at best - a four-foot shoulder in only a few areas. The benefits to bike lanes are many:
- Much safer travel
- Foster a major increase in bike use for both commuting and pleasure, encouraging more families to use the road
- Increase small business commerce along the way and in both cities
- Reduce traffic problems for bikes and cars
- Make Fall City a real lifestyle destination
- Allow Fall City to be a way station to a number of great bike rides that go deeper into the Cascade foothills
- Bring more attention to the overall road conditions all along State Road 202, an increasingly dangerous place as it has not kept up with the population shifts and increases
Sign this petition today and let's make this road one of the best bike routes in the State of Washington!
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.