We call on our councillors to vote in favour of Quality Contracts at the ITA meeting in June, which will provide the best possible bus service acrossTyneand Wear, for public transport users.
ADVANTAGES OF QUALITY CONTRACTS
- set regular annual bus times and routes that could not be altered or cut at 6 weeks notice by the private bus companies, to suit them.
- smart ticketing that could be used across all buses and metros and ferry.
- bus users would have a bigger say in how their bus services are run.
- would stop the lack of competition between bus companies, exposed by government, which has meant higher profits for bus companies and higher fares for us. Fares would be set by NEXUS.
- this would support a bus system similar to the London bus system that works very successfully, with buses having similar livery.
More info at: