Prathidhwani - socio-cultural organization of Technopark conducted a ‘Candle light vigil’ on 27th December 2012 in support of the nationwide campaign on violence against women. On the day, former women's commission chairperson Justice D Sreedevi and M Vasudevan (Senior Manager Technopark) spoke to the 200 plus employees who gathered there about the importance of this vigil and points to be taken care on this subject inside Technopark among IT employees.
As everyone knows, Technopark is one of the safest IT parks in India. But we, Prathidhwani have heard some minor grievances on the ‘Candle light vigil’ day, especially from lady employees. So we decided to conduct a survey to know the extra safety measures needed in and around Technopark. We got a good response to our two week long survey named “How safe are we in and around Technopark” and here we are submitting the consolidated comments / suggestions we received for the consideration of Park Center, Trivandrum Corporation and Govt of Kerala.
- Prepaid auto rickshaw stand managed by Police inside Technopark.
- 24/7 three digit telephone helpline for Technopark employees
- Police aid post inside to the Technopark campus and regular police patrolling near the back gate of Technopark.
- CC TV surveillance needs to be extended to more places and should be supervised 24*7
- Insist own or combined cab services for all companies and all companies should make sure women employees reach home safe after work, especially after 8pm.
- Women security officials in front gate, back gate and in car parking areas.
- Please clear the bushes from the sides of the back gate and bypass road near Technopark regularly.
- ID card check should be enforced in a strict manner, especially those who coming in KSRTC buses and tech express.
- Security guards / CAB drivers should wear their ID cards, this should be enforced.
- End the nuisance due to street dogs inside Technopark
- More street lights and securities in and around Technopark. Potential unsafe areas identified by employees are Karyavattom – Thrippadhapuram road, Nila back gate and back side road towards Kazhakkuttam, stairs that connect Nila round about and Bhavani, short-cut near front gate leading to Kulathoor road ( railway station road), Route from Nila round about towards TCS road, underground parking areas, the road from NeST Towers to Nila side gate, the area near Technopark guest house starting from car parking area of Chandragiri
- Techno park to start hostels for Ladies within the campus or nearby.
Sir, here we are attaching the signatures of employees who pointed out these suggestions. We are that each and every one of the 40000 employees would also have similar suggestions. Request you to consider these suggestions appropriately and come up with a time bound action plan.
No comments yet.join the discussion
oepzbmx, United States1 year ago Comments: 6ZdnSK asoknonwwdso
knajijdq, United States1 year ago Comments: DQddHf cyxkypncvueo
rjfxofcqfh, Italy1 year ago Comments: cxiODb , wadkxxeijpep, pfjyjcwwhvrc, http://hxzrwqfwzrnt.com/
There are no highlights yet.