We, the undersigned members of the IRA do hereby petition the Indianapolis Repeater Association Board to ban Timothy A. DeLong (W9NES) from W9IRA repeaters for the following reasons:
1. Pretending to be a former Capital Police Officer on the air.
2. Providing unsolicited long range weather and traffic reports.
3. Using IRA equipment to attack and insult IRA members who are in good standing.
4. Making vialled threats against IRA members who are in good standing.
5. Consistent violation of the following IRA guidelines:
a. 7. Please wait for the courtesy beep before transmitting. This allows the timer to reset and other stations to break in. This is especially important if a station is trying to declare an EMERGENCY.
b. 8. Keep transmissions short and thoughtful. Your “monologue” may prevent someone with an emergency from using the repeater.
c. 9. Be considerate and limit conversations to 20 minutes or so. The repeater is a shared resource for many hams to use. Simply hesitating or asking if anyone else would like to use the repeater is not the same as clearing the frequency.
d. 15. All repeaters are assembled and maintained at considerable expense and effort. Those who are regular users of a repeater should support the efforts of keeping the repeater on the air.
billy bob scanner listener, Columbus, IN, United States5 hours ago
Bill Rice, Zionsville, IN, United States1 week ago
mike Upchurch, Indianapolis, IN, United States2 months ago
There are no highlights yet.