The town of Whitby is using toxic pesticides in our parks, compromising the health of residents, particularly children. This practice needs to stop. Pesticides can comprise human health. Children are particularly vulnerable to the noxious effects of pesticides due to their physiology (e.g.: undeveloped immune system and more permeability skin) and higher exposure level that results from their behaviour (e.g.: tendency to put objects in their mouth). Pets are also vulnerable to these products. Pesticides are absorbed by the body, particularly by way of the mouth, skin and through respiratory system. They can trigger immediate effects, which are usually manifested by symptoms such as headaches, skin or eye irritation, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite and fatigue. A number of pesticides, including some that are routinely applied to lawns, are suspected of causing more long-term health effects, either because they are carcinogenic or they disrupt the reproductive, endocrine, immunity or nervous systems. As community members, we are concerned for our children and neighbours. Alternatives to toxic pesticides are abundant and cost effective. Whitby needs to step up and be a leader in responsible environment practices.