If you are concerned about the direction of the Oak Grove Young Childrens School or the Church, it is time for your voice to be heard. Those in the role of leadership in the Church and Church staff continue to claim that all of their actions are justified and that only a few feel that there actions have not been consistent with the mission of the Church. They continue to pay lip service to those who feel the process was flawed and are vehemently protesting any efforts to provide a voice for those who are concerned about how the School and Church should move forward.
At this point, we are suggesting that the following action be taken in order to allow the Church and School to refocus on their missions:
1. We believe that the self appointed YCS board should be dissolved.
2. We believe that SPR and/or Church Council should rescind the self written bylaws of the YCS board.
3. We believe that a new YCS board should be elected, not self appointed.
4. We believe that new by-laws should be written, with a mission of serving the school, not dictating policy. We also believe that public reporting of the actions of the YCS board to the teachers, staff and parents should be required. These bylaws should be approved by the Church Council.
5. We believe the search committee for a new Director should not include Church staff or members of the YCS committee.
6. We believe that a mission statement should be written for the school, and that the person chosen to lead the school should be the person who is best able to fulfill that mission. We believe that the previous Director would be highly qualified to fulfill the mission.
If you feel that any of these suggestions are appropriate, or if you have other feelings that you would like to express, please sign this petition and provide any additional comments or concerns you may have.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.