The implementation of the 965-page Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), with its obscured and expandable powers, is one of the most looming threats upon a free people. Governor Mitt Romney expressed the sentiments of patriotic Americans when he pledged on the campaign trail "If elected, I will repeal Obamacare on day one". But now we must use other options to protect ourselves.
Whereas the NC GOP
Platform states in Article X.10 “Wise
health choices are best made by individuals guided by sound medical opinion. We
urge Congress to repeal the federally mandated ‘Patient Protection and
Affordable Care Act’”.
Whereas the NC GOP
Platform states in Article X.12: “We
call on Congress, the President, the courts and the state to abide by Article
I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution and the Ninth and Tenth
Amendments. We oppose encroachments upon all rights which the Constitution has
reserved to the states or to the people”;
Whereas Obamacare was
ruled a tax and Article II of the NC GOP Platform states “Government should not
use the tax system to control our behavior, steer our choices or change the way
we live our lives”;
Whereas other States
are nullifying Obamacare:
- Tennessee Governor Haslam will not be setting up an Obamacare Insurance Exchange and there is no funding appropriated for it.
- Alabama voters approved Amendment 6 to their state Constitution to “prohibit any person, employer, or health care provider from being compelled to participate in any health care system.”
- Montana voters approved an act prohibiting the State or Federal government from being able to force anyone to buy health insurance and prohibits any penalties from being levied on anyone who chooses not to purchase health insurance.
- Wyoming passed a
measure that states, “No federal or state law, rule or administrative
decision shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer or
health care provider to participate in any health care system.”
Jefferson, America’s champion of liberty and author of the Declaration of
Independence declared "Whensoever the general government assumes
undelegated powers....a nullification of the act is the rightful
Therefore, we, the undersigned voters of North Carolina call upon Governor Pat McCrory to make every effort to nullify and oppose the implementation of Obamacare in North Carolina, beginning with refusing to allow a State insurance exchange, and vetoing any funding for one.
States Seeking to Nullify Obamacare: http://m.freedomworks.org/blog/jborowski/states-seek-to-nullify-obamacareMontana Nullifying Obamacare http://www.montanasnews.tv/articles.php?mode=view&id=19143
specific reasons we need to nullify Obamacare include among other things:
· It has no limits nor accountability. Power is given to the appointed HHS Secretary to write (and change) all the rules - deciding how much we will be required to pay for our required plan, which services your doctor will be “allowed” to provide, etc. http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/11/26/long-awaited-health-insurance-rules/
· Dr. Ezekiel Emmanuel’s (Obama’s brother) “Complete Lives System” shows plans for how healthcare dollars will be allocated http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2809%2960137-9/fulltext?_eventId=login
· It creates an “Obama Health Army” with “officers” appointed by him. Can you imagine what types of people he will appoint! It’s not a stretch to see this lead to forced vaccinations, even forced abortions upon “disadvangated populations”. http://www.wnd.com/2010/03/132001/
· America cannot afford it and new taxes are already in line but even they won’t “pay” for it since it is bottomless http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/12/31/178710/new-year-means-tax-increases-to.html