1. SafeHarbor Holdings LLC of New York City is proposing to build a theme park in the Blackman community of Rutherford County.
2. As citizens of said County we honor the rights of landowners to do with their property as they see fit and recognize that the owner/s of the Blackman community property in question have been good stewards of the land for generations.
3. Little public input has been afforded said citizens in regard to negotiations between SafeHarbor Holdings LLC and local government.
4. Adequate time is needed to appropriately study the numerous negative effects of placing a theme park within a densely populated residential community.
5. We are opposed to the offer of any special tax packages or tax incentives to SafeHarbor Holdings LLC for a theme park (use of public funds for private gain).
6. The increased traffic, potential for crime and the disruption of the residents of Blackman community and surrounding area is undesirable.
WE THE UNDERSIGNED, residents of Rutherford County,
REQUEST the Rutherford County Commission
NOT APPROVE any resolutions regarding the building of said theme park in the Blackman community.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.