Henrico County Public Schools (HCPS), School Board’s proposed “Blended Plan” would send our children to a different elementary school, separate us from our neighbors, and send us to a Middle School outside of our community.
The Blended Plan:
• Would send us to Gayton ES at 110% of its capacity.
• Would extend the Gayton ES district east to Gaskins road. Many children will face a 4+ mile trip to their redistricted school.
• Gayton ES would be split with 27% going to Byrd and 73% going to Pocahontas. The children going to Byrd will face a 4-6 mile bus trip, while Pocahontas is just 1-2 miles. Blended plan causes vulnerable pre-adolescents to be separated from their community and peers.
• Would cause some families to move their children to a new elementary school for a 3rd time in just 5 years.
• Makes Church Road between John Rolfe and Broad the dividing line between school districts even though the neighborhoods both north and south of Church Road share this corridor. Sterlingwood, Lake Loreine, Mccabes Grant, Bell Tower and Cedar Station all enter ONLY onto Church Road. The natural boundary keeps all neighborhoods that share this corridor together and should remain as the dividing line of this district.
Solution: Say NO to current Blended Plan. Support Option 1 or Option 2.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.