As a fan of the NHL I have decided to protest the actions of the NHL commissioner, the NHL owners, and the NHLPA. I understand the highest tier of the sport of professional hockey is in the end a business. No amount of fanaticism and support, evidenced by the record revenue collected by the NHL in the 2011-2012 season, can make the league and the players agree to terms. In the past, as stated by Gary Bettman, the fans of hockey have been loyal and always returned right away. He is right, I will still be a fan of the NHL, but there are stipulations that as a fan I must pledge in order to do my part in assuring I did the most to make sure this doesn't happen yet again.
I pledge that I will protest the 2012-2013 season lockout as follows:
1. For as many home games that are scrubbed during the lockout I will boycott any in arena purchases on game days when the following season starts. So if 43 games (including preseason) are scrubbed, I will not purchase any concessions or merchandise in the arena for 43 straight games.
2. For as many days as the lockout lasts, upon the restart of the league, I will deliberately attempt to refrain purchasing from any league or team sponsors. So if the lockout lasts 180 days, I will boycott any sponsor of the league for 180 days upon the restart of the league.
3. I will not purchase any NHL merchandise during the lockout and I will also refrain from purchasing any league merchandise once the lockout ends for the same amount of days the lockout lasted.
4. Should ticket prices in any way increase during the full term of the next NHL CBA, I will cancel any full or partial season ticket subscriptions I carry.
5. I will ask family, friends, and fellow loyal fans of hockey to sign this petition and FOLLOW THROUGH the actions detailed.
I petition the NHL commissioner, the NHL owners, and the NHLPA to end the lockout as soon as possible in order to make this petition and pledge easier on all involved, which includes themselves, their sponsors, NHL event staffs, broadcast companies covering NHL events, and the millions of NHL fans.
This petition is looking for sponsors. Likely sponsors would be any 3rd party NHL blogs or fan sites.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.