Most Holy Father, we the undersigned:
1. Express our profound gratitude to Your Holiness for your personal liturgical example to the Universal Church. You are a true homo liturgicus whose love for the sacred liturgy is an inspiration; it teaches more clearly than words the centrality of the liturgy in the life of the Church.
2. Thank Your Holiness for your gift to the Church of your 2007 Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum. Since 2007 it has brought forth many fruits, including greater unity in the Church of Christ and a widespread enrichment of the liturgical life of the Church.
3. Note with sadness the continuing and real opposition to the implementation of Summorum Pontificum in many dioceses and on the part of many members of the hierarchy, the suffering and distress this continues to cause many of Christ’s faithful and the obstacle this opposition is to an effective reconciliation within the Church.
4. Note with anxiety the apparent signs that a forthcoming Instruction on Summorum Pontificum will, in some way, take away from what you have legally established in that Motu Proprio and from its wide application in the generous spirit so eloquently explained by Your Holiness in the letter accompanying it: “Let us generously open our hearts and make room for everything that the faith itself allows.”
5. Express our grave concern that any restrictive measures would cause scandal, disunity and suffering in the Church and would frustrate the reconciliation you so earnestly desire, as well as impede further liturgical renewal and development in continuity with Tradition, which is already so great a fruit of your pontificate.
6. Express our hope, our desire and our urgent appeal that the good Your Holiness personally initiated through Summorum Pontificum not be allowed to be hindered by such restrictions.
7. Turn to you with filial trust and as obedient sons and daughters, Most Holy Father, and ask that you urgently consider our concerns and intervene if you judge it necessary.
8. Assure Your Holiness of our continuing prayers, of our deep affection and of our loyalty.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation1 year ago Diocese (Include Country): BGDLDh I appreciate you sharing this post.Really thank you! Will read on...
State of Life (Bishop, Priest, Deacon, Layman, Academic, etc.): Hugel9006@yahoo.com
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation1 year ago Diocese (Include Country): wGF1YC Really enjoyed this blog.Really thank you! Want more.
State of Life (Bishop, Priest, Deacon, Layman, Academic, etc.): Cheon1087@yahoo.com
green modular homes, Russian Federation1 year ago Diocese (Include Country): bUpAxk Say, you got a nice article.Thanks Again. Fantastic.
State of Life (Bishop, Priest, Deacon, Layman, Academic, etc.): Mignone3260@yahoo.com
There are no highlights yet.