I'm sure that everyone who takes or has taken Latin GCSE at Mossbourne Community Academy in year 9 will agree with me that it is unfair that we have to stay one hour after school to even start the one hour fifteen minute class, twice a week. I think that the following reasons are strong points:
- At 5:30 pm in winter, it is pitch black. Not only does that make it more hazardous to those cycling, it also poses a safety risk to those walking from school as the school is situated in a notoriously crime ridden area. Muggings of students at this time have occured more than once.
- Some students live over 1 hr away from the school. Leaving at 5:30 means they will arrive at 6:30 at the latest. With 2 hours of homework to get through before the next day, there is very little free time.
- The school claims that the extension must occur at 4:10-5:30 as the teacher is only employed two days per week. This is linked to costs, otherwise the existing teacher would work 4 days or they would hire an additional teacher. However, the school recently spent over £10,000 on a series of television monitors within the school. These monitors will host Mossbourne TV. Now, the school could have spent £10,000 on paying another teacher to come in or for an existing one to teach the class. But no, they would prefer their students to suffer in the cold and dark and danger than to not have a brand new series of TV monitors for a useless false 'TV' channel.
- It has been scientifically proven that students are least focused after a long day at school. Therefore, students would have a much larger chance of getting a good grade at GCSE if they were focused during lessons. Myself and my peers find it very difficult to do so at 5pm at school.
- The students were 'bullied' into taking the class, and were not told that it would in fact occur at such a late hour.
No comments yet.join the discussion
Yoldas, Russian Federation5 years ago Comments: i agree although that i dnt do latin, it is wrong and if something happens to anyone who is doing latin after school at 5:30 in winter then every can blam thhe school :@
Sufian Basith, United Kingdom5 years ago Comments: Yeah!
staney swift, United Kingdom5 years ago Comments: -
There are no highlights yet.