Xylitol Kills Dogs-Petition to Have Gum Companies and Other Sugar-Free Product Companies To Put Warning Labels on Products Containing Xylitol

     On August 19th, 2010, I had to euthanize my 3 year old, 115 lb., Rottweiler, Max. He accidentally ate a pack of Trident sugar-free gum which contained Xylitol (a sugar-alcohol that is beneficial to humans and diabetics). Max died because I was not aware that Xylitol is deadly to dogs. A small amount can kill a 20 lb. dog within 30 minutes. My goal is to persuade gum companies and other companies that use Xylitol to label their products warning pet owners on the danger of Xylitol to dogs.

     Please sign and help other people not have to go through such a tradgedy.

Links

www.aspca.com includes related articles on xylitol poisoning and phone numbers to Animal Poison Control

www.petmd.com/blogs/dailyvet/2009/may/26

 

www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/xylitol.asp

 

www.wellsphere.com/wellpage/xylitol-dogs

 

www.thewholedog.org/wholedognews/?p=301

 

 

Discussion

No comments yet.

join the discussion

Recent signatures

  • username

    Rick Leslie, United States

    3 years ago Comments: Anything that deadly to animals or humans should have a big warning on it.
  • username

    janice dugan, United States

    3 years ago Comments: -
  • username

    Diann, United States

    3 years ago Comments: -
See more

Petition highlights

There are no highlights yet.