We would like to see some form of automatic pedestrian control installed at the crossing opposite the market in Rawtenstall. Some of the reasons for this are :
1) Traffic will be able to move when the traffic light goes green.
2) One person crossing will not prevent 20 or 30 vehicles getting on their way.
3) Fewer idling vehicles means less pollution.
4) Better traffic flow at this junction means fewer drivers will be tempted to use \'cut throughs\'.
5) Shorter queues at the lights means less people dangerously crossing the road between idling vehicles.
I am hoping to send this petition + an additional paper petition to Rossendale Borough Council by February 2007.
Note : you probably want to uncheck the \'please send me lots of petitions mail\' checkbox.
Danny Allen, Newchurch resident.
Julia Barrow, Newchurch resident.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.