This Petition is to represent all public transport users. In particular the users who can not vote, such as school students.
This Petition is asking for a number of demands to be met over the long term through good planning and government leadership. The main reason for this petition is to make actual change;
The demands of this petition include:
1) Investment in new train lines to:
- The completion of the city loop (to add capacity to the network for more services).
- The construction of the Doncaster line (with it running around to meet up with the Frankston line).
- The construction of the Sky Train.
- The construction of the Rowville line (via Chadstone shopping centre and Monash Uni).
- Extend the alamein line to Oakleigh via chadstone shopping centre.
- Reopen the Sunshine, Broadmeadows (with stations at Sunshine north, Avorndale Heights and Kellor east.
- Extend the Glen Waverly line the Knox
- Reopen the Mornington line.
- And further electrification of the network.
2) Minimum set frequency:
- Every five minutes during peak on the trains and most tram routs.
- Ever 10 on other times other than peak, on trains and most tram routs.
- Run buses at a minimum of ever 15 minutes during peak and every 30 off peak
- Have one set weekend time table rather than two separate Saturday/ Sunday time tables.
- Run services later in to the night in particular busses.
3) Track separation for express services.
- Have the Belgrave line run limited express and the Lylidale stop all stations
- Have the Cranbourne line run limited express and the Pakenham line stop all stations.
- Have the Sandringham line come off at South Yarra into domain and meet up with a future St Kilda line and have the Sandringham line run as a limited express to Doncaster and finish there.
4) Extend the Tram network and improve busses:
- Put in more super stops with real time information
- Put in similar system to tram tracker for the busses
- Separation of road vehicles and tram and busses
- Have easy interchange with trams, busses and trains
5) Reintroduce more staff:
- Place staff at most stations to prevent fare evasion, for security and better customer service.
- Put conductors on most trams during the day and on all trams at nights; for better customer service, to stop fare evasion and for better security.
6) Refurbish the network:
- Renovate or replace rundown train stations.
- Continue replacing rolling stock.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.