\"NO to ELI\'s Betrayal; BRING BACK Realistic Story Lines in Maging Sino Ka Man Book 2\"
As avid viewers of Maging Sino Ka Man and as loyal supporters of John Lloyd and Bea, we are petitioning for the improvement of Maging Sino Ka Man Book 2\'s story line mainly on these two points:
1. NO to Eli\'s Betrayal to Jackie because of Lena; AND
2. BRING BACK the realistic story lines in MSKM 2
Reasons why the betrayal story line is a disadvantage in MSKM book 2:
1. It is detrimental to the story of Jackie and Eli. It negates the whole love story of Jackie and Eli in MSKM original, which has captured so many loyal viewers and new TFC/NOW subscribers. The struggles that the couple went through in Book 1 would be totally undermined if the conflict that the storyline will push for is Betrayal. Eli\'s betrayal of Jackie is almost unrealistic since they overcame so many obstacles in their fight for their love.
2. There is no logical reason for Eli to be attracted to Lena, even the slightest bit, because Jackie is depicted to be an almost perfect wife. All issues between Eli and Jackie have been resolved in book 1. So what justifiable reason can you give for Eli to choose Lena over Jackie Furthermore, Eli being portrayed as even slightly attracted to Lena is very insulting to the deep love depicted in book 1.
3. The story of betrayal (Eli betraying Jackie because of Lena) brings a bad subliminal message to teens and young adults in the sense that great love such as Eli and Jackie\'s, established in MSKM 1, can easily crumble. It is a bad characterization of a man who is passionately in love with his wife. Remember that part of MSKM\'s legacy are the lessons and realizations learned by each character after overcoming their challenges.
4. It puts to waste hundreds of hours spent by loyal MSKM followers hoping to see Eli and Jackie have a faithful married relationship. If book 2 ends up in betrayal, what was the point of watching MSKM book 1
5. MSKM 1 DVD Sales will slow down because book 2\'s outcome will not be something to look forward to.
On the other hand, here are suggestions on how to improve the storyline:
1. Betrayal can be of loyalties when it comes to business. Because of Eli\'s thirst for his father\'s acknowledgment, he will side with his biological father Amang. Given that Eli has issues of insecurity when it comes to business with his father-in-law, Fidel, he will develop a conflict with him. Jackie will have the tendency to side with her dad even if she is caught in the middle. Therefore, Eli and Jackie will have to deal with that challenge in their early married life (e.g. it could make them competitors when in comes to business). Furthermore, since Jackie is Fidel\'s "princess", Eli would basically have to compete with Fidel for her loyalty, time and attention.
2. Depict the struggle of a couple who are newlyweds having to deal with a domineering father-in-law, living in the same house as the in-laws, and/or having business conflicts since they work and own same company.
3. Include issues dealing with Eli and Jackie trying to build their own family. Since Jackie has fertility issues, why not include Eli and Jackie going through fertility consultations and the struggles that come with it. Perhaps they can consider adoption if fertility options are not feasible. Another option is you can also pursue a story of them having a special child.
4. Focus the story back to the fab 4 - Eli, Jackie, JB and Celine. One of the reasons people are looking forward to watching MSKM book 2 is because they want to see these four characters again. Love triangles are not the only conflict you can create for these characters. There are other external conflicts that they can deal with amongst each other that can test their relationships.
5. Add mystery and suspense to the Madrigal, Roxas and Berenguer\'s past for the fab 4 to uncover and solve.
CHEERS - Things that we like in MSKM (winning formula):
- Realistic depiction of characters
- Strong characters
- Cliffhangers at the end of each episodes
- Great love story
- Occasional light humor between eli and jackie (e.g. banter between them during the time when Jackie was married to Eli because of blackmail)
- Storyline focused on the fab 4
- Great cinematography
- Symbolisms used in book 1 (e.g. jade pendant, kamatis)
- Quotable quotes and well-written dialogues
JEERS - Things we don\'t like about MSKM:
- Supernatural, paranormal or occult plots
- Focusing on Lena\'s story
- Making MSKM a launching vehicle for your unpopular actors. There\'s nothing wrong in doing this but don\'t shove them in our throats.
- Supporting actors becoming lead actors; lead actors becoming support.
- Undeveloped characters of Eli and Jackie in book 2
- Poor editing in book 2
Lloydy and Bea Lovers: LaBers\' Park @ pinoyexchange.com
John Lloyd and Bea Collective
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
LaBers\' Park @ pinoyexchange (Celebrity Forum) http://www.pinoyexchange.com John Lloyd and Bea Collective http://johnlloydandbea.co.nr
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.