As you know the City Council is in the process redrawing ward boundaries to reflect the recent census. There are two maps currently under consideration, the “For a Better Chicago” map and the “Tax Payer Protection” map.
Here are some facts about both proposed maps:
• The “For a Better Chicago” map would divide the neighborhoods of Lincoln Park between FIVE SEPARATE WARDS; 43rd, 44th, 32nd, 27th, and the 2nd Wards.
• A division between five separate wards would mean daily services AS WELL AS large scale development projects would have to be handled by five separate offices.
• The “For a Better Chicago” map would divide the Park West, Ranch Triangle and Wrightwood Neighbors between two wards that are completely outside of the 43rd Ward, and divides Sheffield Neighbors into three wards and Lincoln Central into four wards.
• The proposed alternative “Tax Payer Protection” map would better maintain the cohesiveness and historic boundaries of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
• All seven community groups that represent Lincoln Park have voiced their official support for the “Tax Payer Protection” map.
• The “Tax Payer Protection” map would also more fairly represent the population changes the City of Chicago has undergone in the last ten years.
Please sign this petition in opposition of "Map For a Better Chicago" to keep Lincoln Park whole.
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.