Dear Board Members:
As parents of the Westgate Community School, we are writing to provide our feedback regarding the upcoming decision of the planned fundraiser for Westgate at Chick-Fil-A in January. We are requesting that the board vote to continue our long standing relationship with Chick Fil A for the following reasons.
· We respectfully submit that the comments and pictures voiced during the last Chick Fil A fundraising event were inappropriate and counterproductive to the fundraising mission.
· Politics have no place in our community. This is a fundraising event to support our school and children.
· Our school has a long and successful history of fundraisers at Chick-Fil-A, a supportive, locally engaged business in our community.
· It would be divisive and contentious to apply a political litmus test to every business involved with Westgate.
· It would set a bad precedent for the board to start vetting controversial personal beliefs and opinions of parents.
· Westgate offers a wide variety of fundraising opportunities to our families and those who do not agree with or like Chick Fil A are not required to participate.
Diversity of opinion and respect for the rights of others is a pillar of our Constitution, and our community. The Board can best uphold this value by maintaining the fundraising relationship we have with a supportive local establishment.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarks, Ukraine1 year ago Comments: h9vvQU Really enjoyed this post.Really thank you! Will read on... http://crork.com/
social bookmarking service, Russian Federation1 year ago Comments: OJiPaF Great post.Really thank you! Awesome.
Buy Levitra uk, Russian Federation1 year ago Comments: I loved your post. Really Cool.
There are no highlights yet.