Dear Board Members:
As parents of the Westgate Community School, we are writing to provide our feedback regarding the upcoming decision of the planned fundraiser for Westgate at Chick-Fil-A in January. We are requesting that the board vote to continue our long standing relationship with Chick Fil A for the following reasons.
· We respectfully submit that the comments and pictures voiced during the last Chick Fil A fundraising event were inappropriate and counterproductive to the fundraising mission.
· Politics have no place in our community. This is a fundraising event to support our school and children.
· Our school has a long and successful history of fundraisers at Chick-Fil-A, a supportive, locally engaged business in our community.
· It would be divisive and contentious to apply a political litmus test to every business involved with Westgate.
· It would set a bad precedent for the board to start vetting controversial personal beliefs and opinions of parents.
· Westgate offers a wide variety of fundraising opportunities to our families and those who do not agree with or like Chick Fil A are not required to participate.
Diversity of opinion and respect for the rights of others is a pillar of our Constitution, and our community. The Board can best uphold this value by maintaining the fundraising relationship we have with a supportive local establishment.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
No comments yet.join the discussion
social bookmarks, Ukraine6 months ago
social bookmarking service, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation6 months ago
Buy Levitra uk, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation9 months ago
There are no highlights yet.