We the undersigned, petition the Minister of Education to ensure that EVERY student's right to receive an adequately resourced, appropriate education, is upheld in the province of British Columbia.
We call on the Minister to:
* require early screening and intervention programs for all students in the early primary grades;
* provide swift access to assessment and identification services for at-risk students;
* provide the requisite funding to establish quality support services for at-risk students and students designated as special needs;
* provide specific funding for all high incidence students at the actual incidence rate and at the actual cost;
* ensure that all school districts have in place a full range of programs and services to meet the needs of diverse students;
* ensure that the services offered are provided at therapeutic levels;
* establish mechanisms for determining that the support and accommodation services provided to students with diverse learning and support needs are appropriate and would allow them the opportunity to reach their full potential;
* require that all education professionals receive sufficient pre- and in-service training in order to meet the diverse learning and support needs of all the students in their classrooms;
* establish a third-party appeal process for parents to access that promotes a swift and objective determination of findings and monitored implementation of remedy.
Education gives students the tools they need to reach their dreams and achieve their full potential. Every child in British Columbia must be given that opportunity.
This petition is sponsored by the Learning Disabilities Association of British Columbia.
(No Sponsor Information)
Help spread the word about this petition. Copy the code below and paste it into your website or blog to help promote this petition.
(No links added)
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.