Kwik Star would like to construct a $5,000,000 - $6,000,000 state of the art convenience store in Cedar Falls. The proposed location will be bordered to the north by Comfort Suites and to the west by Super 8 near the Highway 58 and US 20 interchange. This facility is anticipated to produce sizable and much needed property and sales tax revenues for the city. It will be a first of its kind store for the chain in the state of Iowa and will bring unique amenities to the city:
- E85 fueling stations
- Hybrid Vehicle plug in locations
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures
- Gas and Diesel fueling stations
- 2-Bay Car Wash
- One of only 4 LEED certified buildings in the community.
City Council will be considering an ordinance on record that requires a minimum building size on this site. Kwik Star’s position is that all of the building structures integral to producing sales and revenues should be included in the minimum size calculations, including the canopy fixtures required for fuel sales.
By signing below, you are showing your support for this high quality project and asking City Council to allow for all building structures, including fueling station canopies, to be included in the building square footage, thus meeting the existing ordinance.
* (Once you hit submit, your signature is counted. A donation screen will appear, you can just close out of your browser at that time. Thank you for your vote!)