- Category: Planning Commision
- Location of Interest: 1775 S. McClelland, Santa Maria, CA 93454
- McClelland street is lined by several community neighborhoods lining the east side of the street. Included are: 1 mobile home community, 1 assisted living for seniors and the disabled, and 2 condominium complexes. 3 of the 4 communities are family oriented. With all of these communities we need to ensure that our children and residents are safe.
- Currently, Community Solutions Inc. has applied for a business license to Rehabiltate paroled prisoners that are likely to be incarcerated again. The target parolees are ex-drug abusers, ex-gang members, and such. They are proposing a Santa Maria neighborhood day center, which will be a day reporting center for paroled prison inmates. This center could accommodate 50 parolees at a time.
- We, the undersigned, recognize the need for such a facility and are deeply compassionate to the need of these individuals to be re-incorporated into society. We would like to request that a new site be found, preferably in an industrial setting away from temptation, and without affecting the safety of the surrounding neighborhoods.
- We, the undersighned, request that Community Solutions Inc. find an alternative location for their business instead of 1775 S. McClelland Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454.
- Do you agree that this necessary action be put in place?
- If so, please sign our petition so your voice may be heard with ours.
No comments yet.join the discussion
Karen & Dennis Van Worth, United States5 years ago Comments: -
Judith F DeMar, United States5 years ago Comments: -
Carl Buck, United States5 years ago Comments: I agree with the statement above. Find another site to do this at.
There are no highlights yet.