Keep Salford University's BA (Hons) Photography and BA (Hons) Visual Arts separate, distinct courses until we graduate!
We the undersigned reject Salford University's plans to merge BA (Hons) Photography with BA (Hons) Visual Arts to make BA (Hons) Fine Art, Media and Photography, on the following grounds:
• We were not notified about this potential change at interview. If we had have been notified we could have taken up alternative offers from other institutions.
• Many of us applied to study this degree with a specific career in mind. A merged qualification would severely limit our graduate career options.
• We have committed to acquiring a huge debt (of up to £43,500) in order to study a specific, named degree.
• Many of us will be forced to transfer to another institution in our final year, which will have a detrimental impact of our grades.
We are asking that:
• All current level 4, 5 and 6 students should be able to complete the specific named degree that they applied to study.
Salford University claims that courses must have a certain number of students to be financially viable. However other intuitions are able to run the same named degree with fewer students, lower fees, and a greater number of teaching staff.
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.
No signatures yet. Be the first one!