IMPROVED HEALTHCARE AND TREATMENT OF CROHN'S PATIENTS IN MILITARY TREATMENT FACILITIES AND CIVILIAN MEDICAL FACILITIES AROUND THE WORLD
IMPROVED HEALTHCARE AND TREATMENT OF CROHN’S PATIENTS
IN MILITARY TREATMENT FACILITIES AND CIVILIAN MEDICAL FACILITIES AROUND THE WORLD
This petition is created because of the substandard care that a family member received at San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) Fort Sam Houston, Texas and Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. Please visit our website for more information at: http://www.advocacyforcrohnsdisease.com
Crohn’s Disease patients care is always of great urgency when they are experiencing a Crohn’s flare. The quickest way that their Gastroenterologist can figure out the problem, the easier it will be for the Crohn’s patient to recover and remain in remission. Fast thinking and medical expertise are mandatory. These Physicians must know about the Crohn’s patient’s medical history, how their medical history relate to the symptoms they are experiencing at that moment and what symptoms they have experienced in the past.
I propose the below listed guidelines be used as the standard for care of all Crohn’s patients. They are:
· Sensitivity Training for all personnel involved in treating Crohn’s patients.
· Additional training for Fellows, Interns, etc. in the diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease and Crohn’s flare symptoms to include medical history, medications, etc.
· Priority 1 or Priority 2 rating for office follow-up visits and Emergency Room visits.
· Identification Bracelet, when scanned by the facility, will reveal all pertinent information on Crohn’s patient.
· Mandatory Antibodies Testing before “switching” drugs and training on how to interpret Antibodies Testing results.
· Mandatory Colonoscopy once a year.
· Financial support and resource information availability to help Crohn’s patients with the astronomical cost of prescriptions, doctor visits, emergency room visits, etc.
The knowledge we have gained the last 5 years about the many facets of Crohn’s Disease has been priceless. It has made our family stronger and opinionated about our family member and our own medical conditions.
3 years agogreen modular homes Russian Federation3 years ago
4 years agoValerie R Brooks United States4 years ago
4 years agoAnne Le United States4 years ago
4 years agoAdina Urrutia United States4 years ago