The current driver, Josh, to bus 40 of Louisa County Middle and High School has a few bad traits that need to be addressed, and furthermore taken care of. This Petition is to hopefully have an impact on these very serious bad habits:
- He drives with only one hand on the wheel and has even taken both hands off the wheel at one time saying "No hands" Quoting a song,
- He uses his cell phone while driving,
- He takes his eyes of the road excessively,
- He takes his Hoodie (Zipper-less Jacket) on and off while Driving,
- He swerves a lot; can't stay on his side of the road,
- He has stopped in the middle of the road, just after a turn, to yell at passengers.
So as you can see, he lacks the proper safety skills to be driving a school bus averaging at about 38 students on a daily basis. There has been times where parents have called the school and complained, but nothing has changed. When a parent called the most recent time due to the students were more than 30 minutes late from being home, she was told that the driver said he needed to pull over because the children were acting out, but all he did was inform the students of a new rule, and he had already told them that he was going to pull over just so he had more time to explain it. So please help these students get a better driver to keep them safe while being transported to and from the school.