#Pardon My Swag2.0
Under the constitution, the President has the authority to grant pardon for federal offenses, including those adjudicated in the "United States District Courts", the "Superior Court of the District Of Columbia", and "Military Courts- Martial".
The President cannot pardon a state criminal offense such as, a drug offense etc. Instead, applicants seeking clemency for a state criminal conviction require what is known as a "Governor's Pardon" from the governor of the state.
Interesting enough', the rules governing applicant's with federal convictions states, "Applicant's must satisfy a minimum waiting period of (5) year's before he/she becomes eligible to apply for a "Presidential Pardon" for a federal conviction".
On the other hand', the rules governing applicant's with state criminal offenses in states such as Maryland, West Virginia and so forth. Feel "Applicant's convicted of non-violent offenses such as, possession, or distribution are required to wait a period of (20) years". Before he/she becomes eligible to even apply for a "Governor's Pardon" for a first time offense and for the state of Pennsylvania it's (70) years which, is absurd and a disgrace to our society. So...
- I (______________) hereby exercise the right to petition to amply reduce and vindicate applicant's convicted of criminal law code (s 5-602 "Controlled Dangerous Substance") violation from the post probation, (20) year waiting period which also applies to first time offenders from becoming eligible for a "Governor's Pardon".
- I (_______________) also believe (20) year's will further hinder offenders convicted of criminal law code(s 5-602 "Controlled Dangerous Substance") violation which, is a non-violent crime from seeking executive clemency, regaining their civil rights and only further the rate of recidivism.
This petition has been sponsored by the good folks of "Well Rounded Barber's", where hair cuts are "A cut above the rest". You can contact us directly by emailing us at Wellroundedbarbers@gmail.com
"Need a Maryland state Pardon packet"?
- November 18
- Hey`, as of today we`ve reached our (125) mark which, also marks a major milestone for us. Just wanted to say this wouldn`t have been possible with out your support. My regards, #Pardonmyswag2.0 team show more
- October 28
- President Obamas new total for commutations as of 10/27/2016 is now an astounding 872; where as forty-two of commutations granted the offenders were serving life sentences. Nonetheless, these victories reflect the presidents attempts, to soften the impact against the war-on-drugs era policies that resulted in epic prison sentences for nonviolent offenders. Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/obama-makes-more-history-lets-more-prisoners-walk/ar-AAjuAfl?li=BBnb7Kz show more
- October 4
- There are many solutions that could be suggested toward the Governors Pardon guidelines for non-violent offenders, here's one a supporter suggested: 1. First time non-violent offenders: less than or equal to 5 years. 2.Second time non-violent: double the minimum (10 years) etc. -The severity and circumstances of the non-violent crime should be factored in. -It is absurd to have a fixed number (20 year minimum) for every single non-violent offender. Do you think this is a great resolution for this issue, if so explain; leave a comment? show more
- September 14
- Much appreciation', to all those showing their support and concern by signing the Petition. show more
- August 31
- President Barack Obama today used his executive authority to shorten the sentences of 111 federal prisoners convicted of drug crimes. To read more click link below: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/08/president_obama_commutes_sente.html show more
- August 18
- Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates say, "Ultimately ending our use of privately operated prisons is the first step in the process of reducing the federal prison population"... To Read more click below: http://www.wyff4.com/money/us-justice-department-to-end-use-of-private-prisons/41262982 show more
- July 18
- An Online petition succeeds in asking the federal government to label the (Black Lives Matter) movement a "terror group." Do you think that's necessary?? "let me know" check out link below: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh-responds-to-petition-to-label-black-lives-matter-a-terror-group/ar-BBuqWxg?li=BBnbfcL show more
- July 11
- Pardons are different than exoneration's; they are not an acknowledgement of wrongful conviction, just a restoration of the civil status the person had prior to the conviction. To read more click below: http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/pardons/ show more
- May 24
- They'll soon be T'Shirts for all those outstanding people who've showed their support by standing out and signing the petition. We'll contact you by email for more information in terms of, size, quantity etc. Good Looking Out!!! show more
- May 24
- Hey, we're (6) signatures away from "True Religion" giveaway. If you have a friend or family member that you think may support this petition, forward the link or pull it up for them. Just tell them it's a petition for the people by the people.... Thanks show more
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.