#Pardon My Swag2.0
Under the constitution, the President has the authority to grant pardon for federal offenses, including those adjudicated in the "United States District Courts", the "Superior Court of the District Of Columbia", and "Military Courts- Martial".
The President cannot pardon a state criminal offense such as, a drug offense etc. Instead, applicants seeking clemency for a state criminal conviction require what is known as a "Governor's Pardon" from the governor of the state.
Interesting enough', the rules governing applicant's with federal convictions states, "Applicant's must satisfy a minimum waiting period of (5) year's before he/she becomes eligible to apply for a "Presidential Pardon" for a federal conviction".
On the other hand', the rules governing applicant's with Maryland state criminal offenses who require a state "Governor's Pardon" for an expungement states, "Applicant's convicted of non-violent offenses such as, possession, or distribution are required to wait a period of (20) year's before he/she becomes eligible to even apply for a "Governor's Pardon" for a first time offense.
- I (______________) hereby exercise the right to petition to amply reduce and vindicate applicant's convicted of criminal law code (s 5-602 "Controlled Dangerous Substance") violation from the post probation, (20) year waiting period which also applies to first time offenders from becoming eligible for a "Governor's Pardon".
- I (_______________) also believe (20) year's will further hinder offenders convicted of criminal law code(s 5-602 "Controlled Dangerous Substance") violation which, is a non-violent crime from seeking executive clemency, regaining civil rights and even increase the rate of recidivism.
This petition has been sponsored by the good folks of "Well Rounded Barber's", where hair cuts are "A cut above the rest". You can contact us directly by emailing us at Wellroundedbarbers@gmail.com
"Need a Maryland state Pardon packet"?
- April 29
- Definitely', want to "Shout Out" and commend all those outstanding folks for, standing out and showing their support and consideration by signing the Petition. show more
- April 23
- Hey, check it out...GOV.TERRY MCAULIFFE of Virginia's common wealth has restored voting rights to 200,000 convicted felons which, over turns a Civil War error provision in the Constitution that aims at disenfranchising African Americans. To Read More of the article (Click Link) Below: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/us/governor-terry-mcauliffe-virginia-voting-rights-convicted-felons.html?_r=0 All rights reserved of the above article link to NYtimes show more
- April 21
- "It’s time to reform the system of pardons and clemency" says, — Tribune Editorial Board To read more: (Click Link)Below: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/opinion/tribune-editorials/2014/08/10/reform-state-system-pardons-clemency/13853703/ All rights reserved of the above article link to GreatfallsTribune show more
- March 9
- In response to the sentencing reform policy, there's already been a decline in the prison populace and its projected to fall to 186,295 in 2017 says the (Bureau of Prisons)...........Read More: http://rightoncrime.com/2016/03/examining-the-myths-of-federal-sentencing-reform/ show more
- January 27
- Investigative journalist Will Potter is the only reporter who has been inside a Communications Management Unit, or C.M.U, within a US prison. These units were opened secretly, and radically alter how prisoners are treated — even preventing them from hugging their children. Check out hte Video Link below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuAAPsiD768 show more
- December 18
- President Obama made Christmas-time commutations of 95 federal prisoners Friday Dec 18,2015. Most of the commutations dealt with drug offenses, though the pardons involved counterfeiting and bank fraud. Obama has now commuted the prison sentences of 184 people, surpassing the combined number of those granted by presidents Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush (117), the White House said in a statement. On the contrary', States Governors what are you waiting for? show more
- October 22
- Violations of the 4th Amendment or solid protective measure? DNA testing only requires a simple cheek swab upon arrest. Do you feel that DNA testing upon arrest should be require if it doesn't merit or fit the category of violent crimes such as, Rape, Robbery, or Aggravated kidnapping? .............................Read More click link http://nij.gov/journals/264/Pages/debating-DNA.aspx show more
- October 15
- America's less than 5% of the worlds populace but, it is home 25% of the worlds inmates. $80 billion is what america spends annually to fund these private institutions. Today there are more than 2.2 million people behind bars in the USA, which is a 700% increase since 1970. Now you do the math..... "Check out the video below", I highly recommend it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTL_3WL5gfw All Rights reserve to HBO show more
- September 22
- Are changes in sentencing law and policy significantly impacting racial disparities in sentencing as, well as increase the use of “one size fits all" mandatory minimum sentences? Read More....... http://www.sentencingproject.org/template/page.cfm?id=92 show more
- September 2
- "Prison reform, control crime and rehabilitate individuals"..........Read more http://www.recorder.com/home/18357728-95/letter-prison-reform show more
3 days agoDe-Andra Herbin United States3 days ago
5 days agoAaron Rrice United States5 days ago
2 weeks agoSanjay Forrest United States2 weeks ago
2 weeks agotequillia whitley United States2 weeks ago
3 weeks agoJulie McAdams United States3 weeks ago
9 months agoSheena Thomas United States9 months ago
2 years agoJonovia Clark2 years ago
2 years agoamber paige2 years ago
2 years agoMarcus N. Robinson2 years ago
2 years agoAdrienne Middleton2 years ago
2 years agoRicardo Appleby2 years ago
2 years agoTabitha Blake United States2 years ago
2 years agoMakia Shelton United States2 years ago
2 years agoGem E. Henry United States2 years ago
2 years agoImani Davy United States2 years ago